Join Summer School for a night on the politics of language.
· CHRISTIAN NAGLER on instrumentalization of the mass body
· NORMA COLE is a poet, painter, and translator
· ROBERT HURLEY is a translator of several leading French philosophers
· LAURA WELCHER is a linguist and director of The Rosetta Project
· MATTHEW VOllGRAFF is a writer and artist
· “O”s: a performance
A couple thoughts / links - the Rosetta Project refers to the store of human language (much of it in danger of vanishing) as our language commons. And they have been hosting Record-A-Thons, training people how to record and document languages they speak with inexpensive equipment:
And, Tom Comitta, who will be performing, ran an interventionist sound poetry troupe, the SF Guerilla Opera. He is good at getting people to surprise themselves, together.
"Sing the USA Patriot Act to your nearest surveillance":
Don’t miss it!